Yvonne at Socrates' Book Reviews will be hosting the third installment of the What An Animal Challenge as Kristi (Passion for the Page) will no longer be able to host.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
3. You can still sign up after March 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by February 28, 2011 4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
To learn more or to sign up (or link up reviews), visit the post about the challenge.
1 The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher by Beatrix Potter
2 The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
3 The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck by Beatrix Potter
4 The Tale of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle by Beatrix Potter
5 The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies by Beatrix Potter
6 The Tale of Samuel Whiskers by Beatrix Potter
7 Jamboree Day by Rhonda Gowler Greene
8 The Jaguar's Jewel (A-Z Mysteries) by Ron Roy
9 Jump! by Scott M. Fischer
10 A Boy, a Dog, A Frog, and A Friend by Mercer Mayer
11 One Frog Too Many by Mercer Mayer